Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Croissants


I'm linking up again for the Momfessionals Recipe Club.  


Last Saturday, Avery had a friend spend the night.  Whenever she has friends stay the night, I make breakfast the next morning for them.  Note: I'm not the kind of mom who makes a full blown breakfast every morning for my kid, so this is also very special to Avery, to get a fresh breakfast.


I really enjoy getting in the kitchen with my daughter, and when her friends are over, I don't worry about the mess they'll make, I just enjoy the fun they're having making stuff.  It brings me back to cooking in the kitchen with my mom, and sitting on top of the counter, stirring bowls and licking spoons.


What I enjoy about this recipe is that it is really easy, and most of the time, I have the items in my pantry and fridge.  Plus, it is definitely a mommy/daughter recipe - something she can absolutely help with.  Or, in the case of repeating the recipe on Monday, she can do all by herself (minus the oven part).

Cinnamon Sugar Croissants (serves 4)

1 Pack Refrigerated Croissants (like Grands)
1/4 C Butter (softened) or Margarine
1/4 C White Sugar
1 1/2 TB Cinnamon
1 Egg (beaten in a bowl)

Icing:
1/4 C Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (use clear vanilla if you have it)
1 TB Milk (or more)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper.

In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon and beat with hand mixer or whip until smooth and fluffy.  Pop the pack of croissants and roll out onto the cookie sheet.  Separate into the triangles.  On each triangle, spread about 1 TB of cinnamon sugar butter onto the dough evenly.  From the long end, roll to the short end (point) of the triangle, creating the croissant shape.  Repeat for all croissants.  Lightly brush the tops of the croissants with the egg wash to give it a nice crust in the oven.

Bake at 350 Degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.

While the croissants are baking, mix the icing ingredients together until you reach a nice glazing consistency - smooth but not too runny.  If it is too thick, add milk.  If its too thin, add sugar.

After baking, let the croissants rest for 5 minutes, and then drizzle the icing on top.  Enjoy!


Do I wish there was a photo?  Yes.

Did we consume before I realized there was no photo?  Yes.

Did these kiddos make these again Monday after school?  Yes.

So I guess it was a hit!  And so easy, even 11-year-olds can make them (with adult supervision of course).

What special breakfast treats do you enjoy making your kids when friends stay the night, or on the weekends?  Leave me a comment below! 

 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!