Just Keep Swimming!


I keep getting asked the same question, "How are you doing?"  And its a tough one to answer sometimes.  It all depends on what time of the day you ask me, and what news I may have just received.

If you asked me last Friday night, I may have answered, "terrible." Why? Because my renters who just signed a lease in July gave me notice that they were moving in September (and military clause says its ok).

Or if you asked me Sunday afternoon, I may have replied, "I'm doing great! I'm getting the house decluttered."  Oh yes, I get super overjoyed at throwing stuff away.

But overall, my answer is, "I'm ok, but not great. This is easier than I thought, but there are a lot of adjustments."

Its different for me than if I were getting a divorce, because I do have an active partner in my life.  Kevin still co-parents and is still a very active part of the household.  He makes decisions just like if he were here.  This isn't like a break-up.  I want his opinion.  I call him on video chat to ask what he thinks about things, even if he isn't in agreement with me.

The adjustments are that I don't have someone doing the heavy lifting - the spaghetti jar opening  - like I had before.  So I have to find work-arounds.  Like, hitting the bottom of the jar really hard until it is easier to open it.  (No joke - it works)

And I don't have an extra someone to take Avery to karate.  All the taxi driving is on me.

So every day is an adjustment.  And a struggle.  But I keep telling myself to: "Just keep swimming."

 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

2 comments :

  1. I love this post. It sums up what so many people are going through in similar situations. We just keep swimming. Move forward day by day. You got this, Wonder Woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its hard sometimes to look around and realize that so many people are in such similar positions. But I try not to be so "all about me" and just keep putting one foot in front of the other and say, this is our life, right now. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!