I Get By With A Little Help



I have a hard time asking for help.  Call it my Type A personality. Call it issues with being vulnerable.  But nonetheless, its tough for me to call up someone and say, "hey, can you babysit for me on Friday?"

But when you find yourself with a husband 1200 Miles Away, you just have to be more open to this vulnerable part of yourself.

I hear people tell me, "Hey Kim, if you need me to watch Avery, let me know!  I'm always happy to." But really, I'm thinking "They are just being nice and cordial.  Its out of obligation."  But that's the skeptical part of my brain speaking.

But through this process, I'm also learning to lean on some people, trust people a bit more, and accept help from my friends.

As a mom, we think we have to do everything ourselves.  And yes, that is an expectation we set upon ourselves.  But let's stop doing that, and let's help each other out.  And listen to John Lennon a bit more.

Because we all can Get By With a Little Help From Our Friends.

 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!