Take them a Meal - Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli

In all of my chaos, I didn't realize it would take hubby an extra day (or possibly 10) to vacate our house.  So last week (or was it two?), one of our neighbors informed me that our other neighbor had her baby (YAY!) and if I wanted to, I could "Take her a meal."

I love this idea of bringing new mamas a big meal. No matter how seasoned you are with having a kiddo, its nice to sit down, relax, and eat.  So of course I said, "of course I'll sign up!" and what better day to do it than the day after Kevin was supposed to leave so it would take my mind off of other things.  

Even easier, a website called "Take them a meal" offers a quick way to schedule out whose bringing what, when and provides necessary info (like food allergies, how many to cook for, who is the main contact, etc).  And if you need a meal idea, they are there for you.


But I had the perfect meal - ok - maybe not perfect.  But its kid friendly, crockpot friendly (because its summer) and I can easily package it up into containers to take over there.


I give you: 

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli over Rice


Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

3-4 boneless chicken thighs
1 14oz can cream of chicken soup
1 14 oz can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken stock
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (I used Trader Joe's 21-seasoning blend)
½ teaspoon garlic salt seasoning (I have a specialty garlic blend I picked up and use for EVERYTHING)
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, just fork tender ( I use frozen broccoli packs, then microwave to steam them)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place soups, chicken broth, salt, Cajun and garlic seasoning into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.
4-6 servings

In addition, I paired it with a fruit salad, and a pie because what mama doesn't want dessert?  I hope they enjoy dinner tonight!

 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

1 comment :

  1. I love this recipe I am so going to cook it for my dad and I.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!