Friday Favorites - Things To Help My Mood

Momfessionals

I'm linking up with AndreaNarci and Erika for our Friday Favorites this week!  If you are visiting from the linkup - hola, bienvenue, welcome!  I'd love for you to say hello in the comments!  And if you are wondering who I am, take a peek at my About Me.  If you REALLY like me, go ahead and add me to your Bloglovin account or Google Friend on the side there - yep, right there on the left side.

So this week has been one of those off weeks for me - not gonna lie.  I think with Kevin leaving last Saturday, it left a hole in my heart, deeper than the last time.  So I'm finding ways to cheer myself up this week - keeping busy.  Here are some of my favorite things this week, to just cheer me up when I'm feeling a bit, well, "off":

1.  Thug Life T-Shirts







I am really digging all of the Thug Life T-shirts (link here).  I mean, they are sassy, funny and really say what I feel! Sometimes its just easier to slap on a T-shirt that says where your head is at so you can warn people when you are approaching.

These also make great gifts for friends - I have a few peeps in mind this holiday season.



2. Office Space - The Movie


This is my all-time favorite movie.  Hands down.

No matter how bad a day I am having at work, this movie always puts things in perspective.  When it came out, I was working at a restaurant, very similar to "Shenanigans," and I have since moved into the corporate world, where I have had 15 bosses (yes - 15, Bob) oversee my work daily.  Talk about TPS reports not having the proper cover sheet!

I have been Milton with a temporary desk space, and my husband bought me the matching red stapler one year for Christmas, just to rub it in. I have been "this close" to taking a fax machine out into a field and beat it to a bloody pulp while rap music played in the background.

If you haven't the slightest idea what any of these references mean, run, don't walk, to your nearest Amazon Prime / Netflix and stream this movie immediately.  I used to be able to say run to your nearest movie store, but well, those are extinct now.  Watch the movie.  It is hilarious!


3. Tea


Ah, yes, just put a "cuppa" on and all your worries will be gone!  I love tea.  Mainly black teas, preferably without fruity flavors.  So when I'm a bit down, tea always perks me right up.

P.G. Tips is one of my favorite British imports - its very popular on the other side of the pond, but not readily available here in the U.S.  I am fortunate to be able to snag it at the base commissary.  I believe I've even seen it at World Market.  It's simplistic, but never bitter.



4.  Diesel Von Vader


This little guy has a way of always cheering me up.  He nuzzles his head in a little closer and just lays next to us, waiting for a good belly rub, but he isn't pushy.  He just waits patiently.  I love his snuggles and it warms my heart.  Just enough so I can push through to the next day.


Tell me, what are your favorites to get you out of a "funk"?  Do you have a favorite TV show or food that just brings you back to life?  I would love to hear your ideas when you are just feeling "out of it."




 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

3 comments :

  1. Love Love Love, those Thug Life T-Shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tshirts!! They made me crack up! And yeah, I don't like american tea too much as I find it weak.... If you can't get PG tips, Canadian tea isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVEEEEEE Office Space, I tend to watch it whenever it comes on tv;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!