that time i....started spring off right


Momfessionals

I'm linking up with AndreaNarci and Erika for our Friday Favorites this week!  If you are visiting from the linkup - welcome to my crazy neck of the woods (or suburbia - that's more like it!)   I'd love for you to say hello in the comments!  And if you are wondering who I am, take a peek at my About Me.  If you REALLY like me, go ahead and add me to your Bloglovin account or Google Friend on the side there - yep, right there on the left side.

Spring is in the air.  Or if you live here in Denver, its sometimes here, sometimes not.  It could be Winter, or Summer, or possibly Fall.  We're Colorado.  We can get Four Seasons in just a 24 hour period.



But since I'm a disillusioned person, I'll just assume its Spring.  So here are a few things that have helped me get Spring started off right!




I received this in my latest edition of the Pop Sugar Must Have Box (an excellent present to one's self each month) and I opened the cap to find a very sweet and delicious scent.  I really like sweet candles, ones that belong in the kitchen and this one was perfect for that.

I love the mason jar look to it, very rustic and the scent was perfect to welcome spring!  I may be stocking up.  Mmmm!

Knock Knock Note Pad, All Out Of


I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the grocery store, and we forget to get that ONE.ITEM that we ran out of in the past week.  For so many years, I would say, "why didn't we put it on the list?" and I would get the response, "oh - we forgot!"

These pads of paper have a magnetic back so they just stay on the side of my fridge.  My hungry daughter might say something on a Wednesday night, "oh, I'd really like to eat ___" to which I respond, "put it on the list!"

And if I run out of a spice, before the package goes in the garbage, it goes on the list.

Easy peasy!

Check out the other pads from Knock Knock as well.  They make great gifts (most under $10 a piece) and lots of fun ones and practical ones (hello packing list!).  I have to add, if you have a coworker whose birthday is coming up, and you would hate to give them another coffee mug, pick out one or two of these!


Cynthia Rowley Home - Beach Towel 



And speaking of starting Spring off right, that only means that Summer is on its way!  I love a good beach towel that stands up to 50+ washes in a season.  I found one of these last season at Home Goods and picked it up for Avery, only to wish I had grabbed more.  This time, I didn't make that same mistake when I walked into a Home Goods store this past week and saw a whole rack of them.

I picked up 3 more for the family, including a "masculine" navy one for the hubby.  

Since I know that Avery will be headed to the pool almost every day this summer during the week, I'd rather not wash towels each day, so having several in the house will be great.  Hers from last year stood up really well in the wash.  At $14.99, it was a STEAL!

Poshmark

I am finally clearing out my closet (Spring Cleaning!) and thanks to my good friend, found a way to sell some of my clothes.  Have you heard of it?  I feel I'm the last one to know about it.

This app on your phone, ipad, and even computer, lets you sell your clothes like ebay, while making things fairly easy.  You can buy or trade with others (if you just want new items) or just pay out when you are ready.  I also like that it sends a shipping label straight to your email address so you don't have to worry about how its supposed to get there (logistics are sometimes difficult).

The only problem I'm having is the urge to add MORE new things to my closet.  I may just leave my balance on my account and use that to splurge on something new.

This is what it looks like:





Easy Off Professional Fume Free Oven Cleaner 




I know what you're thinking.  OVEN.CLEANER?  Really Kim?  That's a Friday Favorite?  Ok.Ok.  Let me explain:

So every time Kevin leaves, not 24 hours later, Murphy (you know the one - from Murphy's Law) shows up in a big bad way.  Well this time, Murphy decided to mess with my oven.

It all started when I preheated my oven Sunday night, to make frozen pizzas (don't judge me...) and I'm sitting on the couch with Avery, when we hear  *POP* and then my kitchen fills with a plume of smoke.

Not a little smoke. We're talking get down on your knees, pull your shirt up to cover your mouth, its awful smoke.

I was honestly thinking my oven was on fire.  I grabbed my phone, and a fire extinguisher, had Avery positioned at the front door for a quick getaway and called Kevin.  I needed him to talk me through this travesty.

Long story, short:  there was just black stuff caked on.

On Monday, I went to the store and grabbed a bottle of this cleaner and after letting it sit for the prescribed 2 hours, my oven looked brand new.  No joke.  It looked like nothing had ever been cooked in there.  Now I don't have to go out and find a replacement nor ever have to speak of this unfortunate Murphy event again.



So there you have it - I'm starting spring off with my house smelling lovely, my closets refreshed, and my oven looking brand new.  What have you found that makes you feel like Spring has Sprung?

 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!