MilCents: Find Your Financial Freedom




I will be the first to admit I can easily blow $100 at Target and forget the one thing I went in for. Costco? Try $200. I get too many projects off Pinterest and White Walls that take me down rabbit holes of impulsive shopping sprees.

When my husband met me, my finances were a mess.  Our agreement was he would take over and help right my wrongs and I would stop being so impulsive. We've both held up our ends of the arrangement, him better than I at times (there's still that darn Target store that eats me alive...)

Why am I confessing such financial sins for all internet onlookers to see and judge?

Because I know I am not alone when it comes to not understanding what it takes to be financially literate, and that's OK. I never had a course on retirement plans or balancing a checkbook in high school (hence the financial mess part). There was no "How To Read My First LES Statement" pamphlet provided when hubby joined the military.

That is why I am so excited about a new program Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) is introducing to help military families get on the right track towards financial freedom. 

Launching October 12, MilCents is a one-of-a-kind financial literacy program that combines information, online events, social media conversations, and free resources into a 10-week program designed to empower all military families to get their money in gear.

There are tons of great financial resources out there — so many that it’s difficult to know where to start. MFAN 
enlisted the support of financial experts to identify some of the top resources and pull them into one program that will work for military families. Each day, you’ll learn something new, put that knowledge into action, and talk about it in MilCents’ safe and free online community.

Financial topics can be confusing, and financial security can seem out of reach. Between saving, planning for 
retirement, investing, tracking credit, avoiding debt, and budgeting, there’s a lot that goes into your financial 
well-being.  

I'm so fortunate Kevin has put us on the right track towards retirement. We've saved up now to own three houses concurrently, several cars (including a sports car of his choice), and have a plan for our daughter's college education. I even have a 401k percolating so I can start building up my nest egg, too.  

You can recover from young and dumb financial sins. We did. It takes a little bit of time, and a little bit more knowledge.  MilCents will help you find financial freedom.

Head over to the MIlCents  preview page to be informed when the registration process opens up October 12.



 photo signature_zps731db56a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love to read what you have to say so keep them coming!